Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 30: Letting Go

Letting go........ two simple words......... so many interpretations......

Ironic that this is today's prompt, as today, I let my grandmother go.  She graced this Earth for more than 90, very, very full years.

Letting go does not mean forgetting.  It does not mean pretending things never happened.  It does not mean that the past is erased.

Letting go means moving forward.  It means picking up the pieces and creating a new picture.  It means growing.  It means forgiving.

As I let go to my grandmother, I will not forget all she has gifted my life with.  I will remember the good, let go of the bad, and forgive the hurts. 

Letting go means so many things.  Let go of the bad to make room for the good.  Let go and let the universe open to you, to the plans it has for you.  Let go, and just be.

Grandma, you will be missed......


Day 30 Prompt: React to this term: Letting Go.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you lost your Grandma ~ of course you still have your memories and I hope you reflect on them with thoughts of happiness. Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words Judi. My grandma is now in peace.... and ironically, so is my family.

      Delete
  2. So sorry for your loss. This is a lovely tribute. I will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, your prayers were felt....

      Delete
  3. Letting go is never easy, is it? I hope you are able to give yourself time and space to let go in a self-compassionate way - a way that nurtures you and allows you to heal.

    ReplyDelete

So? What do you think?