Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Arielle's Word-of-the-Day: SINCERE

June Blog Challenge Day 5: SINCERE

Sincere.  When I hear this word, the word "sincerely" comes to mind.  It's a fancy way for grade school students to sign their letters (seems to be a big deal once they hit 3rd grade to use such a grown-up word!)

Sincere.  I hear this word and I think honest.  I think likeable.  I think integrity.  I think genuine.  I think that this is a loaded word!  It's a word that encompasses qualities that I hope to live day in and day out.

Sincere.  There are many people that come to mind when I hear this word, in particular, there are two recovery "gurus" that have resources I've been reading in an effort to learn more about this ed crud that continues to befuddle me.  They have been incredibly helpful to me on this journey, even though I only know them via a blog and two books.  Yet, their sincerity comes across so clearly in their writing, it's evident that they truly live the words they write.  I think that's a pretty tricky thing to do.

Sincere.  I sincerely hope that one day, I am fully recovered, and living the life I am meant to live.

Prompt: Does a particular person come to mind when you see this word?  Write about them if you wish. Or do you feel this is an important quality?  Maybe it’s something you’re trying to achieve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?