Saturday, June 30, 2012

Week 18: Best Recovery Advice

The best recovery advice I've been given?  Simple.

You CAN do this.  Take one bite at a time.

It sounds trite and condescending.  But it isn't.  Because unless I eat, my brain will never be able to be coherent enough to process the other side of ed, the mental side.  I need to nourish my body so that I can work on recovering my mind.

How am I able to do that?

I don't do it for me.  I don't eat for myself.  I eat because I know if I don't, my team will not be able to help me, and I'll lose them.  I can't lose them.  They are the reason, at least for now, that I am working my @$$ off to eat and to beat this "issue."

More helpful words from my team, who have been my constant cheerleaders and guides on this journey...

Acceptance is the hardest part.  When you do- then you know who and what you are fighting. (8/3/11)

The emotions are there because you need to move forward dealing with them instead of using ED to handle things.  You have the skills, ability intelligence and drive to win this battle.  Don't quit. (11/1/11)



4 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring.

    And YES you can do this.

    Much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie-Rose... I hold fast to my team's belief that I can do this. They haven't been wrong yet, even if I don't believe in me yet! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great advice.

    I don't think anyone who hasn't experienced an eating disorder can know how ridiculously hard it is just to eat enough to keep going.

    It gets better. I promise.

    You are doing everything right - you are intellectualising, rationalising, eating, thinking, trying.

    And you are inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl... it is so freaking hard sometimes, heck, most of the time! Eating through nausea and headaches and stomach pains feels so impossible, but as my therapist says, the only way out is through... Thanks for your vote of confidence, and well, I guess I'm not used to inspiring others, so thanks for that, too! xoxo

      Delete

So? What do you think?