Monday, June 25, 2012

One. More. Week.

One week.  Just one more week until my dietitian is back.  Six days, actually.  I.  Can't.  Wait.  I am still a little nervous, and that feels kind of strange.  I mean, I've been looking forward to this for four months.  111 days.  And now there's only six days left to wait.  Six days.  What was such a painful farewell, and a tear-filled few weeks afterward... I survived.  I've just about made it.
Funny thing... I wanted to not like her fill-in, who is now going to stay on as part of my dietitian's staff.  I actually wanted to just stop seeing a dietitian all together while mine was on leave.  Turns out that my temporary one was pretty cool.  I actually ended up enjoying working with her.  She's not *my* dietitian, (no one can fill her shoes) but she did a really nice job dealing with me, and more than that... I know that she cares, not only about doing a good job, but she cares in general. And what started out dreadful and draining (at least from my perspective) ended up to be a positive, growth-filled, learning experience that I actually didn't mind.

It's kind of nice that she is sticking around and will be a part of the staff, too.  It means that next time my dietitian goes on vacation or is out of the office, she will be able to fill in.  And this time, I won't be as anxious, miserable, and apprehensive cause I already know her, and I already like her!

I still can't wait till next Monday, though.... six days.  Approximately 155 hours... Boy have I missed her.  And yes, I will likely be incredibly emotional, at least for the first few minutes.  I mean, it'll have been 117 days between... well, I just hope it stays in my head!

For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, 
and for everything you gain, you lose something else.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?