Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 35: Turning Point

I can finally complete this week's topic!  I've been sitting on it for a while, and just couldn't find anything to write about.  This weekend, though, I was given a homework assignment from my therapist (very rare occurrence!) and found myself knee deep in old journals where I found it!  My turning point!  I actually even wrote in that entry "turning point:..." making it even easier for me to find!

There were several events that led to the turning point of my life, maybe you'd call them "mini-turning points" or something?  Dunno.  Anyway.  Here goes.

September 1995 - My teacher saved my life.  Literally.  I would not have made it through senior year of high school if she didn't find me that afternoon and rescue me from myself.

December 1996 - Wow!  There is life outside of the way my family lives!  I think I could learn to like this lifestyle! (Traveling as a nanny for an awesome family.)

May 1998 - ED behaviors escalate.... a lot....

August 1999 - Back in the saddle again!  Oh how I missed riding!

I am so not there yet...
December 2003 - Turning point.  Graduated from College after 6 1/2 years.  Hired on as a permanent sub at my school.  Never would have made it here if it weren't for my incredible teacher for my last course of college!  She saved my education!


June 2004 - Got hired!  In my own classroom!  MY CLASSROOM!  Yahoo!

August 2004 - Finally a homeowner (sort of) and moving out of their house!  Free at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?