Friday, August 10, 2012

Challenge 5, Part 3: Health & Beauty


The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths.  These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern.  Beautiful people do not just happen. 
--Elizabeth Kubler Ross


<--- This is healthy self esteem.  Healthy self esteem can be very helpful on the quest for overall health!



We are --->
all beautiful, it just depends on what we see when we look in the mirror whether we believe it or not.



For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; 
for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; 
and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. 
-- Audrey Hepburn


When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn't healthy.  This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits - anything that kept me small.  My judgement called it disloyal.  Now I see it as self-loving.
-- Kim McMillen

  

4 comments:

  1. Hey Purple Dreamer,

    I love this post
    I am currently in a limbo between my eating disorder and recovery. I flirt with recovery but never commit, I guess fear and anxiety keep stopping me.
    I also flirt with both pro ana blogs and recovery blogs but I always come away from reading pro ana blogs feeling bad about myself.
    Reading this post makes me want to get well, want to be free of this cruel illness.
    I want to want to recover if that makes sense.

    Thanks for putting a smile on my face today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruby, nice to meet you! I can appreciate and relate to the idea of flirting with recovery. I found myself there many many times, and am glad to find myself there less and less as time passes, and I get stronger in my recovery. I'm glad you found a smile here today, and hope for both of us that we are able to one day (soon) be fully ED free! (And it wouldn't hurt to have the anxiety eased up either!) xo

      Delete
  2. I love this post! I actually book marked it for those days when I really need to remember that health may not "look" like what I wat it to, but is so so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Healthy is a feeling, not a feature... or so I've been told. Hope you're feeling healthier these days Gina! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

So? What do you think?