Tuesday, August 28, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

I really like lemonade.  Like, it's one of the few "juice-type" beverages that I actually enjoy.  But only if it's fresh squeezed - that powdered crap?  Yuck.  To me it tastes like chemicals.  My therapist actually used this line on me the other day.  She started the sentence, but I cut her off... cause sometimes, it is true that lemonade just doesn't cut it.

This is one of those times.  I've been handed this bowl of lemons, and instead of making lemonade and giving it away so I'm holding less lemons, more lemons keep getting added to my bowl.  By the dozen.  And it is getting really heavy.  And it's all out of my control.

The good news (cause you know me, I always try to find something positive!) is that I know it will all work out in the end.  It always does.  The bad news is that my stress level is off the charts as my classroom was not finished on schedule.  It wasn't finished on the back up date.  In fact, it won't be finished until the holiday weekend.  Literally, that Friday.  Which means I'm in school on my three day weekend preparing my room, and during this time this week that has been designated as prep time in the classroom, I'm twiddling my thumbs.  Which I don't do well.

Believe it or not, once school starts my stress level will actually go down.  The excitement of a new year will kick in.  My days will be long, and I'll have worked in my classroom for 12 days straight, but come Tuesday morning when those kids arrive?  My stress level will trickle down, and maybe I'll be able to enjoy a glass of lemonade...

4 comments:

  1. I used to drink up to 20 cups of tea a day but now I've replaced them with hot water with a slice of lemon. So much nicer,

    Much love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is supposed to be one of the best things to drink to keep your whole body healthy! I do warm water and lemon all winter long, but always seem to forget to slice a lemon into my summer water! Thanks for the reminder! xo

      Delete
  2. I bet you are an amazing teacher :) Ruby, watch the teeth enamel from thd lemon juice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie- I try! I love what I do, which makes it easier to handle the curve-balls of the career! xo

      Delete

So? What do you think?