Monday, August 20, 2012

Challenge 7, Part 1: Beauty


Beauty... I feel like I've spent a good deal of time on this topic, and may end up repeating a quote or two here and there.  But to start, I think this quote is so incredibly powerful.  We all need to keep in mind that Beauty is not a single definition.  It is really not definable, because every individual has their own idea of beauty.  The media has placed their spin on what "socially acceptable beauty" is, but the reality of it is that less than 8% of the population fit the media's definition.  I don't know about you, but I'm working on my own way to define beauty.  And size has no place in my definition.


8 comments:

  1. PD,
    Could not agree more, its taken me so long to see that beauty resides in so many things. Love, love, love the quote.

    AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AG, I am a fan of this quote too. I'm probably repeating myself in this post cause I need to hear it too, as often as possible, that beauty is really everywhere, we just need to see it! xo

      Delete
  2. My sister and I were just talking about this very subject yesterday.
    It's a sad reality that women are conditioned to believe that beauty comes in the form of a stick thin, orange coloured tan, make up caked woman.
    I think it's our differences that make us beautiful, our quirks and our foibles make us interesting, who wants to be a clone of someone else, the world would be a very boring place if we were all the same.

    Much love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather depressing to think that society has imposed these arbitrary rules on women, and how much those rules have changed in the last 40 years. Breaks my heart sometimes. And you are absolutely right - if we were all cookie cutters, how boring life would be! xo

      Delete
  3. I love the fact that I have no idea what you look like!!! I have a picture in my head and you ooze beauty from every part of you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the picture you have in your head Jackie! Send it to me? :)
      xox

      Delete

So? What do you think?