Friday, August 24, 2012

Challenge 7, Part 4: Beauty


I think this one is pretty self explanatory.  Or at least I hope it is.  It's one of the few quotes I understand fully.  How I feel about myself is not supposed to be based on what I see.  What I see should not determine how I feel.  Right?  Right.

Have you heard the acronym for fear? FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real.  I bring that up because when I look in the mirror, it seems that FEAR gets in the way.  FEAR seems to drive my image of myself.  I live in my own little reality, which I am frequently reminded isn't all that logical at times!  My perception of myself is absolutely false, according to my team.  While we might agree to disagree on that point.... well.... this quote is something I do agree with.

2 comments:

  1. i love that FEAR thing. so true. and i am post it noting that first quote on my mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The FEAR thing was one of the first acronyms I latched on to in recovery. So helpful. Glad you like the quote - nice to see you again!

      Delete

So? What do you think?