Monday, August 6, 2012

Challenge 5, Part 1: The Ideal Body


I believe the ideal body is a healthy one.  And I'm learning that healthy really does come at any size.  Contrarily, so does unhealthiness.  I know someone who is absolutely tiny (does not have an ED) and eats a ton, but is considered unhealthy and malnourished.  On the flip side, I know someone who is obese, and is also considered malnourished.  It just goes to show that you really can't tell what is happening inside people based on an outward appearance.

Which is why I now believe that the ideal body is a healthy one.  Period.

And my body is not healthy.  In so many ways.... it is much healthier than it has been in years!  I've made a lot of progress in the health department.  But I still have a long way to go.  It's as if some areas have grown healthier, while others have deteriorated.  As if the original areas of disease were covering other ailments, which they probably were.

The good news?  (Yes, I try to always have good news!)  It is possible for me, and for everyone else, to become healthy.  Yes, there are always exceptions, but that is a whole different discussion that I'm not opening right now.  In general, EVERYbody can get healthy.  It takes determination, motivation, and a willingness to be uncomfortable.  But it IS possible.  It is up to you, up to me, whether we want to do the work to get that "ideal" body.  To be honest, sometimes I don't think I want to do the work it takes to get and be healthy.  Thankfully, my team won't let me fall too far, and eventually I come to my senses and realize that healthy is exactly how I want my body to be.


6 comments:

  1. " I now believe that the ideal body is a healthy one. Period"
    nodding madly in agreement xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling widely as you nod madly :) It took me a long time to reach that definition, but it is one I'm holding on to, as I do firmly believe it!

      Delete
  2. you just get it right every time :) I really need to get a little more healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both Jackie... you and me both! Health is my number one priority these days, which is a lot harder than I thought! xx

      Delete
  3. HI Purple, Thanks for commenting on my blog. This one's simply terrific. I'm going to link over to yours right now! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks therapydoc! I appreciate it, and will do the same!

      Delete

So? What do you think?