Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Challenge 7, Part 3: Beauty


I think this quote kind of speaks for itself.  I am sure we all know people who just have that *something* that you can't quite put your finger on.  They are beautiful people, inside and out.  Keeping in mind that no one is perfect, and we all have our shadow sides and our dark moments, of course... but we all have the potential to be beautiful, if not to ourselves, then to someone else, who thinks that we are beautiful just by being who we are.

4 comments:

  1. Yes and yes and yes.

    It's so important to remember that. I feel like I'm really beginning to understand what 'inner beauty' means for the first time.Not just acknowledging the idea of it, but really taking it in and believing the truth of it.

    Another great post, QQ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! From one QQ to another :)
      Beauty is so complicated, yet so simple at the same time. So confusing!
      xox

      Delete
  2. PD,
    I have really been enjoying this series on beauty, as you know it's very much been an area in which I have also struggled. One of the most profound experiences I ever had with my therapist was going very deep into grief and coming out the other side so relieved. We were amazingly attuned and I don't think I had ever experienced feeling so comfortable being me. It took me several days to recognize the feeling, but it finally hit me that I had felt beautiful. When I told my T that at our next session (very scared I might add), he told me I deserved to feel that way, that I had always deserved to feel that way. I carry that with me always. Thanks for posting on this, it's am important topic.

    AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading AG! It's actually been a fun topic for me cause I have so many quotes that explain the idea... even if they don't necessarily fit me. I love hearing about your revelations with T. So inspiring!

      Delete

So? What do you think?