Monday, September 17, 2012

Down in the Dumps

The title says it all.  I'm down in the dumps.  I have been for a while.  I was just hoping that once school started, I'd snap out of it.

But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Instead, I still feel lost.  Sad.  Depressed.  Exhausted.  Emotionally distraught.

I've tried to write a post for the last week or so, but the words aren't coming.  That's probably been one of the best things about the Blogging for Wellbeing project - it's easier for me to write to a prompt when I'm stuck like this.  With this lack of words, I'm resorting to music.  Which ironically, I haven't been listening to much of lately.  You could say this is another round of Words That Give Me Meaning if you wanted.  I really don't care.

The current song that is looping through the lost neurons in my brain is Kings of Leon's Use Somebody.  The first hundred times I listened to it, I really did want somebody.  I wanted somebody else to fix things, to make things better, to make things easier, to be there for me.  Now I realize that I need to be the person who is there for me.  It's a lousy realization, even though it's a healthy one.  I just gotta figure out how to be there for me..... cause it's pretty hard to hug yourself....

Use Somebody
Kings of Leon


I've been roaming around, I was looking down at all I see
Painted faces fill the places I can't reach
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody

Someone like you and all you know and how you speak
Countless lovers under cover of the street
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody
Someone like you

Off in the night while you live it up I'm off to sleep
Waging wars to shake the poet and the beat
I hope it's gonna make you notice
I hope it's gonna make you notice

Someone like me, someone like me
Someone like me, somebody

I'm ready now, I'm ready now
I'm ready now, I'm ready now
I'm ready now, I'm ready now
I'm ready now

Someone like you, somebody
Someone like you, somebody
Someone like you, somebody

I've been roaming around, I was looking down at all I see

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your in that bad place right now...it's a really tough place to be. I'm glad you wrote about it, though. Sometimes just getting it out and knowing that someone else knows what you're going through can be helpful, even if it's just the tiniest bit.

    ((Hugs)) to you as you go through this. You're not alone. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kashley - it isn't a fun place, but you are right, knowing I'm not stuck here alone is helpful. xox

      Delete
  2. Sending you hope, faith, strength and a hug x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wishes and hugs Ruby-Tuesday xox

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, I'm sorry that you're feeling down in the dumps. And I know it sounds like a cliche...but hang in there, it will pass. It always does.

    I love when a song seems to capture exactly how you're feeling or where you are at a given moment in time. I've been feeling positive about my recovery, especially this last week or so, and when I heard the words to Florence and the Machine's 'Spectrum', it felt like it had been written for me. That's the beauty of music, I think, and words - they make you realise that you're not the only one to have felt a certain way, they are binding and human and universal.

    Big hugs to you, my lovely. Feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs Cheryl... there is a quote somewhere out there that says something like "music expresses what words can't" that I find to be so true. I love when I hear a song and realize that someone either snuck into my head and turned my thoughts into song, or they've been their themselves! xoxo

      Delete

So? What do you think?