Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Challenge 11, Part 1: YOU

This quote speaks so loudly to me I need earplugs.  Tracey, over at Just As I Am, posted this in the comments of one of my other posts, and I think I heard my heart sigh, as someone finally put into words what I feel nearly every moment of every day that I am out in public. 

"Being" normal is EXHAUSTING.  Seriously.  Trying to keep the facade that life is rolling along smoothly, that I really do know what I'm doing.... no wonder I get home from work every day and could crawl right into bed.  I don't, though, because a "normal" person gets home from work, eats dinner, relaxes for a bit, and only then do they go to bed.

Sigh..... I know normal is really just a setting on the washer, but sometimes I wish it were really that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?