Sunday, March 18, 2012

Secrets

I am a good listener.  People tell me things.  I am glad to hold on to their secrets because I know how good it feels to have someone else hold my secrets.

Want to see lots of secrets? 
Check out www.postsecretcommunity.com
The thing is, these days... I don't have many secrets.  I've become a great tattletale.

No, you don't have to worry.  If you gave me a secret to hold, I'll hold it till you tell me otherwise.

I'm talking about tattling on myself.  I'm great at telling on me.

Lately, well, for the past year or so, I've been great at doing stupid things.  Like really, really dumb things.  Things that could get me into a heap of trouble.  No, not that kind of trouble.  I'm not that dumb.  The kind of trouble that ends up hurting only me.  The kind of stupid that causes me to suffer more, that causes me to hurt, that causes damage to my body.

And when I do things like that, I have such a guilty conscience, that I have no choice but to tell on myself.  It's the right thing to do.  It's the right thing to do, and if I ever want to grow past this self-loathing phase I seem to be in, it's the only thing to do.

Sometimes I don't even realize I have a secret... sometimes I've let myself get so wrapped up in the illusion that I don't even realize I've been lying to myself for days.  Not good.

I guess it's good that with my team, no secret stays secret for long.  Well, it's a good thing AND a challenge... cause with this team, there can be no secrets.  I have to keep it real, keep it honest, and keep telling on myself... 

I just hate those secrets that are so hard to tell the fist time, and then I have to repeat it enough times so that everyone is in the loop.  Guess it's a good thing I like to talk...

Here's a secret I'll share with you.
Yes, you.

When it comes to Secrets... One Republic explains em really nicely....


No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?