Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Challenge 16, Part 2

Image by Murat Suyur
Another intriguing photo that literally jumped off the screen and into my mind.  I'm often drawn to the light bulb concept in general.  I love how the light bulb has transformed the world, literally and figuratively.

For example, without the light bulb, we'd be living with candle light for always.  Obvious, yes, but less obvious is that many say the light bulb is the invention that revolutionized the world.

Which is the less obvious reason that it sticks with me so strongly.  The light bulb represents ideas, ideas of all kinds.  It also represents thinking.  This image, complete with the "old" light in the candle flame, and the "new" light of the bulb, may in essence be two different things, but in reality, it's connecting ideas from past and present, in a way that I hadn't seen before.  In other words, it's shedding light on today while paying homage to the past.

What's this got to do with anything, you ask?  Well, I'm in the process of opening the doors of my past, visiting old pains and hurts, and attempting to make peace in an effort to move forward a little lighter (pun intended!)  No easy task, excruciating, at times.  Then again, being burned by a candle is painful, and it was not easy to invent the light bulb, either...

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this. You have constructed such a great analogy for the photograph and are a incredibly thoughtful and smart woman. One of my favourites so far...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie-Rose.... this image just kinda fit my mood, and well, the words come when they want and say what they like. Glad you like this one, love when you stop by! xoxo

      Delete
  2. What a cool way to think about LIGHT - and the picture of the bulb and how it affects you - hoping your journey looking into your past brings peace - although I know it can be hurtful, as you mentioned. Making peace always feels so rewarding...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JJ! What is it that they say, those who forget the past will be condemned to repeat it? Well, I'm hoping that if I honor the past, I will NOT repeat it, that's for sure! Peaceful wishes to you! (And thanks for stopping by!)

      Delete

So? What do you think?