Thursday, November 8, 2012

Little Things

I know that a lot of people don't always recognize how lucky they are.  How good they have it.  Perspective is a tricky thing, no matter how old you are.

I know that I am luckier than many.  I recognize that, and am very grateful for what I do have.  Yeah, there are a lot of things that I went through that really sucked.  There are a lot of things in my life that still suck.  But I still think I'm a lucky one.

And that's partially because of the people in my life who support me.  It's not like they go above and beyond, it's that they're just great people.  It's the hug I get when I walk into my dietitian's office, or the little extra squeeze when we hug goodbye.  It's the text message that warns me not to panic when I pull into the parking lot and don't see my therapist's car.  It's the three month notice I get when there is a schedule adjustment to be made, because I don't take to surprises well.  It's the unexpected text that says "I made some soup for you for next time you come over," just because.  It's the way my crazy thoughts are normalized by those who really understand me.

I'm lucky.  Really lucky.  It's the little things that really do mean the most....

2 comments:

  1. I love those little things too. I don't think I can know how my small kindnesses affect others except by how their affect me.

    One morning a text message woke me, and a friend had simply sent "I'm really glad we got to be friends." I cried a little and went back to sleep feeling so loved.

    It doesn't take much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reticula, thanks for the comment. It really is so inspiring to know that it can be the littlest things that make us feel the most loved, or bring the biggest smile to our faces. Sometimes happy tears make for the brightest rainbows! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

So? What do you think?