NaBloPoMo, and have quite enjoyed reading her blog. I've actually met many wonderful bloggers through NaBloPoMo, and while it's sometimes tough to post every single day, I'm definitely glad I signed up for the challenge!
This recognition comes with a few requirements, and I want to get those situated before the celebrating begins!
The Rules1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award will display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar. - Check!
2. Over a period of 1 week, the Nominee shall nominate a number of readers that he or she appreciates – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be all on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, as most convenient to the Nominee. - Check! (see below!)
3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period. - Congratulations bloggy friends! (all nominations have been delivered!)
Jackie @ Confessions of a Cupcake Queen
Kylie-Rose @ Rose's are Red
Attachment Girl @ Tales of a Boundary Ninja
Paula Young @ A Therapist's Thoughts
Nicole @ Riding the Wavez
Tracey @ Just As I Am
4. The nominee shall answer the questions, all in the spirit of fun! - Check!
1) Why do you blog?
I blog because I want to make a difference. If sharing my story - the good, the bad, the painful, the happy, all of it, helps even one person, then I'll have reached my goal. As I know this has already happened, I continue to blog because I enjoy writing, and am enjoying meeting new people in the blog-o-sphere!
2) If you were trapped on a desert island, what book, DVD, food, cartoon character, and childhood game would you bring?
Umm..... can I say that I'd bring my iPad, a wireless hot spot, and a solar recharging station? Then I'd have all the entertainment, books, and distractions I'd need!
Oh, that kind of answer. Well then..... let's see......
Book: Can I have a series? Can't pick just one book.... at least not easily. Ok. One book. Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass. Series? Harry Potter.
DVD: American Eats Series. History Channel rocks.
Food: Cereal. Cereal and chocolate.
Cartoon Character: Calvin and Hobbes - I'd never be bored!
Childhood Game: The game of Life!
3) Share a funny joke or one-liner.
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
4) What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Tough one..... it'd have to be my ability to connect with my students and make learning meaningful for them.
5) What one word best describes you?
Thinker. Explanation here.
6) If you could have a lifetime supply of any candy/candy bar, what would it be?
Almond m&ms. Or peanut m&ms. Or mounds bars. Yeah, maybe mounds bars.
7) What fictional character do you relate to most?
Easy! Wrote a whole post about it. You can read it here.
8) If you were to write the story of your life, what would you call it?
Well, I already have the title picked out, and the blog site reserved..... so let's just keep that between me and my therapist for right now, k?