Monday, December 31, 2012

Adios 2012!

The Earth is completing it's 365 day journey around the sun, and another year comes to a close.

I am SO glad this year is over.

Here's to creating something better in 2013!
Continuing on with a tradition I started several years ago (read more about it here) I have dubbed this year the year of pain.  I know that sounds harsh and cold, but it is the truth.  There have been so many painful experiences this year, both physical and mental, I can't even begin to explain it.  2012 was hard and painful and unpleasant in so many ways.  I wouldn't wish the pain I've been through on anyone.

While 2012 was a painfully uncomfortable year, there is one big upside to pain.  It makes you appreciate the good that much more.  Cause while there was a tremendous amount of pain this year, there was also some good.  And maybe it's because of all that pain that the good feels that much more special.

I know that the pain of 2012 won't end at the stroke of midnight, but I am hoping that as we move through 2013, it lessens a little bit every day.  And I'm going to continue trying to take things one day at a time.

4 comments:

  1. I think so many people see New Year as this giant eraser on a blackboard, wiping out the past year and giving them a clean, fresh start. Which it is, in a way; but as you so eloquently point out here, although we can say yes, this is a fresh start, it doesn't mean that the previous year's difficulties have simply gone away. But being aware of that and simply making the decision instead to build on it and move forward is, I think, a wonderfully healthy and rational perspective.

    I hope that 2013 holds every happiness for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl! Missed you!
      It is a complete mindset shift, that's for sure. I know that I usually want to completely erase the slate come January 1st, but finally understanding that isn't how things work... hopefully that will make all the difference! xo

      Delete
  2. I think we all look forward to new beginnings which new year offers. 2012 hasnt been very good to me (financially and professionally), I love what you said:"I know that the pain of 2012 won't end at the stroke of midnight, but I am hoping that as we move through 2013, it lessens a little bit every day. And I'm going to continue trying to take things one day at a time."

    Your words serve as an inspiration to me, Purple Dreamer :) Continue dreaming!

    Marie of http://www.mommyunwired.com/and http://www.projectmarie.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie!
      I'm touched that you find my words inspiring, it's risky putting them out there, but when people like you let me know they help, it makes the risk worth it! Happy 2013!

      Delete

So? What do you think?