Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell 2011...

I'm actually quite surprised that it is already December 31st.  This year seemed to both fly and crawl all at the same time, which is kind of fitting, considering one big lesson I've been taught repeatedly this year (and will no doubt be repeated next year) is that opposites can coexist at the same moment.  I can feel anger and happiness at the same time.  I can be sad and excited all in the same breath.  This was an incredibly important lesson for me to learn, so it makes sense for me that this year would both fly and crawl by at the very same time.

About five years ago I started a little tradition that I've repeated every year since.  On New Year's Eve, I spend some time reflecting on the year, and come up with a theme.  From there, I list the highlights from the year - the good, the bad, and everything in between.  The theme for 2011 is reality.  Reality was a frequent visitor at my door this year, especially recently.  Now you might think this is a bad thing, but I actually view it as a very good thing!  I needed a good dose of reality, and I'm glad I got it.

What will 2012 will bring?  Who knows.  I'm going to do my best to take things one day at a time, and try to make every moment one worth living.

"You can't start the next chapter of your life
if you keep re-reading the last one." -- unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?