Thursday, December 6, 2012

Protection?


Right now, I'm working my @$$ off to protect myself from sinking deeper into the sadness that has been my world lately.  Everything feels like another reason to be depressed, sad, frustrated....

I didn't think about the fact that when I protect, or shield myself from sadness, I'm also shielding myself from the rest of the feelings out there, including happiness.  Happiness.... Reminds me of another quote, the one that says that happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life.

My way of living life has been in the depressive fog of my situation.  I'd like to change that...


4 comments:

  1. I would have never thought of it in that light either. Thank you for bringing that point up.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for stopping by and commenting Kathy!

      Delete
  2. Even in your sadness you're thinking about the other side.. that when you block out pain you also block out happiness. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard sometimes to think about the other side of the mountain. It's in writing this blog that I've been more able to see the other perspective, because I feel like if the blog is all depressing, who'd want to read it?! :)
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

So? What do you think?