Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Week 15: Higher Power?

I'll admit it.  I struggle with the concept of a "higher power" of any kind.

Don't get me wrong, I know that there is definitely magic out there.  I mean, what makes the seasons change?  How is it possible that no matter what happens, the sun always rises, no matter how rough the previous day was?  No matter how long and cold winter is, summer always comes.  No matter how hard it rains, it always stops.  The trees always bud in the spring, the flowers always bloom, the grass always turns green (sometimes 
after a bit of time in the shades of brown!) and the sky is always a beautiful blue at least a few months out of the year.  (On that same note, though, somehow kids end up sick with cancer, disease takes the youngest, the nicest, the hardest working, good things happen to bad people...)

And something makes that change happen.  Each and every change.  It really makes you think...

Some people call it a higher power, some people call it Allah, or Adoni, or Brhama or Vishnu or any number of names.  Some people believe that higher power comes from one, some people believe it comes from many, and believe it or not, some people believe that it comes from their coffee cup.

I guess for me, it doesn't matter what anyone else believes in, it doesn't even matter what I believe in.  It just matters that there is something for everyone.  It just matters that you believe... however you need to, whatever form it takes...


No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?