Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Just Do It.

There are so many things in life that I think kinda suck.  Ok, really suck.  I don't enjoy these things, I don't look forward to these things, and I avoid them at all costs.

But sometimes...

You just gotta do it.

Or at least that's what I've been told.  And that's what I'm trying to do.

For example... Tomorrow, I'm having surgery.  I have to do some stuff to prepare for the surgery that I really don't want to do.  At All.  Like, kicking-and-screaming-pounding-fists-on-the-floor temper tantrum.

But I've just gotta do it.  I don't have a choice.

It seems that there are a lot of things in life that I have to do, whether I like them or not.  Some are more digestible than others, but in any case, I've just got to move forward and get things done.

So that's what I'm doing.  I'm putting on my grown-up underoos and just getting things done.

(and it's actually kind of terrifying, but I'm doing it anyway!)

I'm hopeful that the more I push through and get these kinds of things done, the less scary, anxiety inducing, and challenging they will be.  Will I ever love going to the dentist for my cleanings?  Probably not.  But I can now at least go get my cleanings done without needing massive doses of Xanax first.

Practice... right?

61 days left...


No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?