Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 14: Gratitude



grat·i·tude  [grat-i-tood] - noun - the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful: He expressed his gratitude to everyone on the staff.

I have a lot to be grateful for these days.  Yes, there are a lot of things that suck.  Big time.  But if I can get myself out of the tailspin in which I seem to be spending much of my time, and if I can get myself to pause, and take a deep breath... yes, I do have a lot to be grateful for.


I can walk, I can run, I can sit in the sun
I can laugh, I can smile, I have fun once in a while

I love my job, I love to teach, My class knows nothing is out of reach
I can think, I can write, The future does look rather bright

I can talk, I can cry, I can not tell a lie
I can learn, I can grow, I can share all that I know.

I have a house, in which I live
and lots of love that I freely give

I have sweet friends who care about me
They share their love, and help me see

The world is full, of love, of hate
Of peace, of beauty, it's never to late

To take time out, and thank those who care
Those who dream, and those who dare

When I think of things, that I haven't got
I pause to remember, I'm grateful for a lot!



No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?