Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

I know that I've felt my absence on the blog.... I've not even read any blogs over the past three weeks, life has been that hectic!  And if you really want to know the truth, I haven't been in the mood to write much at all lately.  Maybe it's cause I had to do so much writing for the end of the school year.  And cause I have so many thank you notes to write in the next few days.
I'm dreading writing.  A lot.

The expression "absence makes the heart grow fonder" applies in two different ways here.  First, I'm hoping that means you've missed the blog!  Second, I was hoping since I've missed writing, it would make me want to write more!  You know, the break from writing makes me miss it and want to write even more....

Yeah.  Nope.

I'm going to set myself a summer goal to post three times a week, with one of those posts being Thankful Thursdays.  As it is summer, I know that it's supposed to be a time of fun in the sun, so I'm gonna try not to beat myself up too badly if I don't meet that goal, yet, at the same time, I'm hoping sharing the goal with you will make me more likely to meet it!

Aside from the end of the school chaos.... I do want to say, this was the best school year ever.  Ever.  Seriously.  Finally realized that what I've been told for ages is actually true: to best serve others, you must take care of yourself, first.

More on that later.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about not wanting to write. Sometimes we just have to take a break. I hope you enjoy yours. I will be looking forward to your posts, whenever they appear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a much needed, though very odd break for sure! I love writing, I love blogging, but somehow, there just wasn't much to share.... hoping that changes soon! xo

      Delete

So? What do you think?