Wednesday, March 6, 2013

30 Day Recovery Challenge: Day 11

11. What are some enjoyable activities you do which are unrelated to your eating disorder, but help you to cope and feel positive?

This is a tough one, but only because I've been dealing with some pretty intense anxiety and depression, which clouds enjoyment.  When I'm not in the wrath of depression, though...

I love photography.  I love taking pictures of nature, of kids, of animals, of happiness, of whatever the lens catches.  I currently do not have much of a camera, and I promised myself that when I am officially recovered, my gift to myself will be a good camera.

I also enjoy playing with simple graphic design and video editing.  It's fun taking a blank screen and creating something that makes people smile.  Same with video editing - putting together moments, intermixed with photos, add in a little music - I really enjoy the process, and more than that, I like when people enjoy what's been put together.

Those are definitely my two favorite things to do.  I also do enjoy writing, knitting, swimming, chocolate, snuggling with my Pup, and cooking with my BFFs.  Or, more like, I enjoy watching them cook :)

(Oh, and I love to collect quotes.... if you couldn't tell!)

4 comments:

  1. We have a lot in common!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I love finding connections with others! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. That can be such a tough one. Food rewards are easy. They take no work or thought. Breaking that habit is a huge challenge. I love your ideas, though! Even more usefully, many are mutually exclusive with food rewards. You are doing so well! I hope to see more of your photography, soon. I'm learning Lightroom right now, almost out of self defense. My husband has really gotten into photography, and if I want to be able to follow a conversation, I have to know something about it, too.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Jerimi! I am so excited to spend some time with the camera soon. A lot of the early posts on the blog included some of my photos, but lately, I haven't been behind the camera as much. This summer... I hope to have things in order to do more photography this summer :)

      Delete

So? What do you think?