Sunday, October 7, 2012

Really, Glee? + Follow-up

I know I'm a little behind on fall TV, what can I say, baseball trumps sitcoms this time of year!  Right now, I'm catching up this season's episodes of Glee, and I have to say, I'm rather appalled, actually.  Within the first 3 minutes, they make fun of people with eating disorders.  Within the first 20 minutes, they make fun of people that are overweight and poor.

So far, I'm not impressed.  Instead, I'm about ready to drop the show off my play list.  I don't find it funny to make fun of people, and while in the past seasons, Glee has definitely pushed the envelope, I think they took it too far this season, and it's only episode one.

I don't know that I'll ever understand why people think it's ok to say unkind things about others, about complete strangers, and why it's ok for TV to turn that into humor.  I thought reality TV was bad, but this?  It's getting kind of sad what we value as entertaining sometimes.

I've got 4 episodes DVRd, we'll see how many of them I can make it through without being completely disgusted.  Yes, I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  This is mine.

**Update**
I've watched 3 of the 4 episodes, and while I'm still not thrilled with how low Glee sunk in their season opener, they haven't sunk that low again.  So while it isn't going to be on the top of my to-watch list, I'll keep DVRing the show, and catch up on episodes when I can.

**Update**
I'm all caught up and ready for the show to resume in November.... I liked this fourth episode the best, so yeah, I'll keep the show on my watch list.  I hope they learned from the horrible lines in the first episode of the season so they don't go *that* route again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?