Sunday, February 5, 2012

Life...

Sometimes I think I'm stuck in the movie Groundhog's Day. You know, the one where Bill Murray has to repeat the same day over and over and over... Yeah. That one.

I know what I should be doing. But sometimes, I just don't want to do it.  Those are the days where I find myself stuck in an endless loop of bad decisions. Decisions that I know not to make. Decisions that I know better than to let myself make.

Some of the simplest decisions seem impossible to make when I get into this endless loop cycle. Decisions that really have been made for me, I just have to follow through on my part. But sometimes I don't. I just don't want to try that hard, and believe me, it's a lot of effort.

I was searching for some files on my computer, and stumbled across this, something I got many years ago. I hated it then, and didn't think much of it, cause I knew I was never going to read past chapter two.

The good news? While things are really quite tough right now, and I'm having a hard time with a lot of things... I'm almost to chapter three.


There’s a Hole in My Sidewalk: 
Autobiography in Five Short Chapters 
By Portia Nelson

Chapter I
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in
I am lost . . . I am helpless
It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter II
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don’t see it.
I fall in again.
I can’t believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn’t my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter III
I walk down the same street
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in . . . it’s a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter IV
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter V
I walk down another street.

1 comment:

So? What do you think?