Friday, December 2, 2011

What do you want?

I find this quote to be incredibly motivating and inspiring.  It reminds me of the saying "If you always do what you've always done you'll always get what you've always gotten."  I use that saying a lot with my students to help them be more of a risk-taker.

On the other hand, there IS something I want that I've never had.  Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to get it.  Even if I try something I've never done.  I want something so bad it hurts at times, especially knowing it will never happen.  I sometimes wish that Ollivanders was real, and sold real wands...

Sometimes things just are what they are and we have to accept them as is.  I don't like that.  I don't like that at all, actually.  But I hope I get used to it, cause it seems that there are things that we just have to accept in life.

What I do want, and what I can try, is to keep focused on the things I DO have, or things I COULD have, instead of the impossible wishes I want.  Maybe one day, I won't even want this thing anymore, as there will be so many positive things I do have, not having this one thing won't matter anymore.  After all, when you look for positive things, that is exactly what you often will find...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What do you think?