Tuesday, May 21, 2013

There's an App for That

There's an app for everything these days.  Literally.  I've been playing with this new app that makes a movie appear on a dollar bill.  Seriously cool.

There are dozens of apps to help you track calories, find songs on the radio, pick the best restaurant for dinner, get you un-lost on the highway.  You can even turn on the lights with an app.  At your house.  While you're at work.

There is seriously an app for everything.

So I shouldn't be surprised that my therapist "encouraged" me to check out a gratitude-type app that she had heard about the other day.  There are actually quite a few out there.  I downloaded a bunch of them, but weeded them down to two.

Gratitude Diary is exactly that- a simple diary to record your daily gratitude.  Pretty basic, simple, easy to use.

Gratitude Journal Free: Random Daily Happiness Diary is similar to the Gratitude Diary, with one really cool feature.  You can set an alarm to remind you to enter your gratitude for the day.  The trick?  You don't know when the reminder will come.  You enter a time range, and the reminder will appear sometime within the range you entered.  Different every day, too.

Both apps are free.

So far, I like the Random Daily Happiness Diary best.  I like that a message pops up on my phone.  It makes me pause for a moment, and think, "what am I grateful for at this very moment?"  Sometimes it's a simple "I'm grateful that I'm breathing."

OK.  You can go download them now.  Have fun playing!

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I went through a phase of posting about little moments of gratitude, but haven't done one in a while. I'm so going to download this app right now so that I can get back into that lovely habit of taking the time each day to stop and reflect. It's so easy to dwell on the things that aren't exactly as we'd like, or the things we don't have, but like you say, sometimes there are the simplest of things to be grateful for. Prompting yourself to remember those things is such an effective and wonderful thing to do.

    Today I am grateful for...this post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am grateful for your comment! It's a fun app, I've liked the surprise element in the daily reminder!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to download this app - especially because I'd like to eventually join in with your thankful day, and will be able to remember what I'm grateful for!

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be thrilled to have you on the thankful Thursday initiative! Hope graduation was one of those thankful days!

      Delete

So? What do you think?