Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Insecure Comparisons

This.  This is where I am right now.  I didn't realize how much I do this, how much I look at people's outsides and compare it with my insides. How much I look at people's "shared successes" and compare them to my private flaws.  

I can walk through the mall, glimpse someone who looks like they have all their stuff together - they are fit, they look amazing, they've got a friend or friends with them, they're laughing or talking.  They look like what I wish I had.  

Except.  Except I don't have a clue what happens in the rest of their world.  For all I know, their behind the scenes is just as messed up as mine.

I struggle to accept my behind-the-scene life as ok.  If I can finally, finally stop comparing what goes on in my head, and behind closed doors of my home, with what I see in everyone else?  Wow.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true, I'd never seen it like this.
    Thank you, you always get me thinking.

    I just wanted to say that you are making a difference with this blog, at least in me.
    I am recovering and trying to stay positive and optimistic and in the recovery lane and the things you write, a lot of the time, get me thinking and keep me true when I'm finding it a bit hard. This has happened on more than one occasion and I just wanted to say thank you.

    Take care my dear, I hope you are having a good day

    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy how we do this kind of thinking? Taking things at face value without question, though taking ourselves for a crazy thrashing instead? I'm glad you're finding some support in my words, I am giving back as so many gave to me when I began my recovery journey. I appreciate your comments Mandy! xoxo

      Delete

So? What do you think?