Since making this commitment....
- I've eaten more produce in the past 68 days than in the past 68 months.
- I've prepared more meals at home than ever before.
- I've eaten less processed foods. (My dietitian may be rolling her eyes at this, but it is true!)
- I've run the dishwasher with more than just bowls and spoons.
- I've run the dishwasher more frequently.
- I've cut out some favorite foods because they make my body hurt.
- I've cheated on the foods that I'm supposed to avoid.
- I've paid the price for cheating, higher prices than ever before.
- I've begun to listen to my body.
- I've begun treating my body with a little less hostility.
Oh, how I've tried.
I'm not where I wish to be. Yet. But I keep trying.
One day at a time, I will uncover the life that belongs to me,
that was lost amid the chaos of growing up, of an eating disorder,
of shattered self-esteem, and of fear-driven living.
And I will try to live my own life.
A healthy and peaceful one, at that.