Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week 12: Meaningful People

This is a tough topic for me, because I feel like I've talked about the meaningful people in my life multiple times on the blog, and I hate for you all to get bored reading about them!  You can read about the first round of the blog challenge here.  You can read a little bit more here.  Finally, you can read even more about them here.

You'll probably notice a common thread.  Each of the posts refers to the same two people in some way, shape, or form.  And you can probably guess that I'm going to write about those same two people now.  That's how meaningful they are to me.

(I apologize if I repeat any information!)

E and MJ.  Amazing women that I have walking the path of life with me.  I used to see MJ every week, then every other week, and now, usually, our visits are only once a month.  That doesn't mean we don't email as needed between visits as she makes sure I'm working toward nutritional balance.  Cause we do.  Sometimes, well...... sometimes I email a lot.  But MJ is ok with that.  She knows what I need to hear.  She knows when I need reassurance, or just a little reminder.  She knows when I need an extra hug, and when a high five will do.  She's six feet of awesomeness and she is one of the two people in this world who knows some of my darkest secrets, yet, still thinks I'm an ok person.

E.  How can I describe E?  I don't know.  Role model wouldn't cut it.  She's more than that.  Mentor?  Guide?  All of the above?  I don't know.  This woman listens to me endlessly banter on, and somehow, finds a way to make sense of it all.  That's when my work begins, cause while E might be able to make sense of the messiness in my world, I'm the one that has to clean it up.  E will hold the flashlight for me, to make the task a little less painful, but I have to walk through the mess, where a life that is a little more peaceful waits, and so does E.  Always.

1 comment:

  1. I love that depiction of E - she makes sense of the messiness but you need to clean it up. Wow. There is so much truth and acceptance in that and it really rings true to me. It is such a blessing to have those people in our lives who we can count on to hold our hands and encourage us to keep walking, knowing they can't move our feet for us.

    ReplyDelete

So? What do you think?