Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Choices

I love this image and quote.... It reminds me of something my therapist often says--
You don't deserve to be hurt.  No one does.  

See, somehow I trained myself to believe that if someone could possibly be hurt, I will be the one to get hurt.  If someone should suffer, it should be me.  Somehow, I've convinced myself that I deserve the "bad" and "hurt" from the world.

Reality?  No one deserves to endure pain and suffering.  The sun doesn't say "I'll shine on you, but not you, you don't deserve it."  Sure, the sun can only shine on part of the Earth at a time, but even then, it does so in a predictable pattern, with everyone getting plenty of sunshine throughout the day.....

Something to chew over......

1 comment:

  1. I used to think that way, too. And then I realized that the suffering was uncalled for and completely unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete

So? What do you think?