|The flag that waves to everyone |
as they arrive at my school.
Since I asked my students to celebrate the day with a list of 11 things, I decided to do the same. So, in no particular order... my list.
1. My friends. I might not have a lot of them, but each and every one of them brightens my life.
2. Technology. Corny, yes, but thanks to technological wonders, I have learned much, met many, and gained an endless amount of learning that will never run out. Nor will the joy of digital photography, carrying a computer in my pocket, connecting face to face with those thousands of miles away....
3. My job. I love my job. I love what I do. I love where I work. I love who I work with.
4. Life's challenges. What doesn't kill me just makes me stronger. Challenges also help me remember to appreciate the good "stuff" more.
5. My family. They've taught me a lot - some great "how to" lessons as well as many "how NOT to" lessons.
6. Children. There is nothing more rewarding than watching a child learn, grow, and explore their world on their journey...
7. Mother Nature. Her gifts are endless - from the sunrises to the clouds, from the ocean waves to the crunchy autumn leaves... She never ceases to amaze me.
8. Chocolate. Life is usually a little easier to handle when it's covered in chocolate.
9. Peace. No explanation needed.
10. Books. Whether on a kindle or an iPad, or (my personal preference) a good old fashioned page turner, books, like the internet, have opened my eyes to a world of possibilities. With books in my life, I am never, ever bored.
11. Hope. It is because of the hope for a better tomorrow that I often keep going...
"We often take for granted the very things that
most deserve our gratitude." -- Cynthia Ozick