Sunday, February 28, 2016

Don't Wanna

I'm sitting on the sofa, mentally organizing the next few days so that the week starts off smoothly.  I'm listening to the Pup exercise his lungs (it's rather windy here today) and reveling in the softness of his fur.

And I'm cringing, cause I really don't wanna get take a shower.  Yep.  You read that right.  I don't want to take a shower.  I'm an adult.  I'm a professional.  And I don't want to shower.  At all.  When did I last shower?  Thursday.  Today's Sunday.  Don't have a choice here and yes, I know that.  I also recognize how ridiculous this sounds, that an adult doesn't want to shower.

But I don't. 


And this, unfortunately, is becoming a more frequent occurrence in my world.  Winter seems to bring it out in me.  The turtle, hibernation, hermit season of hiding.  Winter also seems to be the busy time for depression to flex it's muscles and stretch it's legs.

I'm not using that as an excuse, and do not worry, I will shower.... eventually.  It's just that the effort it takes to perform a seemingly simple and daily task of showering sometimes feels like it's out of my reach, even when I stand on tiptoes.

The wet, cold, shivering, bare-skin, cold floor, yuk of showering combined with the stupid amount of time it takes to dry my tresses which must be dried so the color doesn't bleed on everything, makes me feel like crawling into bed and curling up into the fetal position for hours.

Guess that's why showering at night seems to work best when I'm like this?  Can anyone relate?

2 comments:

So? What do you think?